join the team
Careers at CloudCover
Work at CloudCover and enjoy a satisfying, work-life balance. We value curiosity and a desire for continual learning and improvement. We build our artificial intelligence using these same principals.
Project Manager (Remote)
Project Manager Position Summary
The Project Manager serves as the primary point of contact for the client and all internal departments involved in the implementation process. The PM has primary responsibility and accountability for the project management and delivery of a successful implementation for any assigned projects. They own the full life cycle of services as it relates all requests.
About CloudCover: We are a direct-to-channel IT lifecycle management company, enabling Channel Partners to better service their customers' IT maintenance needs. Gartner - recognized CloudCover is completely unique to the marketplace and offers resellers and their end-users incredible value and control over their maintenance environments.
Does this sound like you? Our team is comprised of individuals who share the same passion to build flexible, creative, and nimble IT solutions. We emphasize customer satisfaction, innovation, simplicity, and clarity. CloudCover is always looking for smart, creative and highly motivated team players to join our company.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Leads a matrixed team of implementation project resources in the execution of remote and onsite client hardware and general service requests.
- Maintains singular accountability for all aspects of the implementation process by holding all project resources accountable to the completion of tasks and meeting the project milestone dates.
- Acts as primary implementation point of contact and escalation point for project stakeholders including all functional CC departments, Clients, and Third-Party Suppliers.
- Develop implementation Project Plan, as needed, to include project scope, resource requirements, key milestones, risk mitigation plan and installation success criteria.
- Provides status updates, tracks open issues, and works with all CC groups to resolution as required.
- Develop, track and report key implementation progress metrics
- Ensure Client satisfaction through follow-up, client responsiveness and thorough communication
- Ability to utilize effective management, negotiation, and influencing skills both internally and externally to ensure a successful implementation of all products and services within scope.
- Completes onsite and/or virtual discovery on all client installations ensuring accurate inputs are captured and proper expectations set with the client
- Manages contract backlog to revenue goals for assigned geographic territory.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 5-7 years of related work experience
- Remote position
- General knowledge of server, networking, and storage technologies
- Experience with planning and executing customer-facing implementation or product delivery projects
Preferred Attributes & Qualifications
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred
- Strong interpersonal soft skills (setting/managing expectations, conflict resolution, etc.)
- Ability to consult and collaborate cross-functionally with other departments
- Ability to handle increasingly high volume of work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment in a calm manner
Server/Storage Engineer (Remote) - Sofia, Bulgaria
Server/Storage Engineer Position Summary
This position requires a Break/Fix Hardware service engineer with 5-plus years of experience. Software Configuration a plus. The Server and Storage Engineer Level 2 and Level 3 resource will be able to design, build, and provide Level 2 and Level 3 troubleshooting support in a standard 8 hours per business day in Sofia Bulgaria for our worldwide customers. This design is required to accommodate our US-based support delivery L2 and L3 personnel that supports our business during off-hours, worldwide. This remote support work located in Sofia, Bulgaria will report to our Sofia and US-based Managers.
The following OEMs are typical of what we currently support for Server and Storage Enterprise equipment but we are not limited to only these:
- HPE, HP, Lenovo, IBM, Dell, EMC, Cisco, Hitachi, Brocade, Cisco, Aruba, Arista, Sun Microsystems, Intel, etc.
Examples of OEM equipment for this consideration:
- HPE ProLiant Servers G6 to G10, Blades, MSA, and EVAs
- IBM X-series, P-series, and I-series Servers
- EMC FAS, Data Domains, Clariion Storages
- Hitachi VSP Storage Arrays
- Dell 11 to 15G Servers and Blades
- Cisco UCS Servers
- Sun Microsystems Servers
- Receives and responds to internal incident escalation, to provide consultation on the next steps or further assistance to the Customer.
- Receives and responds to inbound incident requests from Clients, and Internal & External users.
- Performs routine triage on enterprise equipment and their peripherals under contract and T&M.
- Provides regular and timely updates to all parties (internal and external) on incident statuses via email and portal.
- Maintains detailed documentation, notes, and steps pending or completed on all support tickets.
- Reforms triaging and troubleshooting of incident volume to resolve incidents according to SLAs.
- Escalates issues following the escalation process and to Incident Managers.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a supportive environment.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of technical tasks to complete requested work or remediate incidents
- Works under general supervision
- The role requires a certain degree of creativity and latitude in the troubleshooting process
- Aids higher-tier engineering staff with problem research and documentation.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Outstanding communication at all levels within an organization, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented, and highly organized with the ability to effectively document critical information and processes.
- Follow and adhere to defined processes and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
- English Language is preferred for Global Technical Support candidates
- 5 years plus FE, CE, on-site Tech, Trainer, or Service Engineer Work
.NET Developer (Remote) - Irvine, CA
The .NET software developer is responsible for design and implementation of platform enhancements and new software applications utilizing a variety of Microsoft .NET technologies and applications. The successful candidate will have a love of technology, a Computer Science background and strong problem-solving skills. This specific position will focus on some of the latest Microsoft technologies such as ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework and HTML5.
- Play a key role in implementation and successful delivery of applications for our clients
- Work with customers and engineering team to ensure the customer requirements turn into very successful solutions and features
- Develop new code on the .NET platform as well as maintaining existing sites
- 3-5 years of experience in web development or client application development utilizing Microsoft .NET technologies
- Significant C# experience including ASP.NET
- LINQ to SQL, T-SQL and database management experience
- Experience creating UI's with responsive design for desktop and mobile websites across multiple browsers & devices
- Track record of delivering high-quality software on a schedule
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Deadline-oriented commitment to quality work products
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a strong technical background and willingness to learn
Service Desk Engineer (Hybrid Remote) - Irvine, CA
CloudCover is a Gartner recognized SaaS company specializing in IT Contract Management with a focus on supporting our Channel Partner Clients and their end-users. To help support our rapid growth we are currently seeking a Service Desk Engineer. This position offers candidates the opportunity to be part of a company comprised of creative, highly motivated, team players. Customer satisfaction is at the core of what we do, and this role will rely heavily on that skillset as part of our Services Department.
Job Title: Service Desk Engineer
Job Location: Remote with some on-site time in Irvine, CA as needed
- Manage Service Desk tickets in a timely manner
- Respond to customer issues via phone, email, and computer chat
- Provide regular customer assistance for our Channel Partners and their end-users
- Document customer interactions
- Install, alter, and repair computer hardware and software
- Follow-up with customers to ensure issues are resolved
- Schedule onsite technicians as hands-on for guided repairs
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer designation (now Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert designation), preferred
- 2-5 years of experience working in a help desk environment
- Ability to understand how and when to escalate issues to the next tier/next level of difficulty
- Knowledge and experience with network infrastructure environments
- Confident communicator who understands the importance of clear communication when working with a distributed team and client base
- Detail oriented: you will be responsible for keeping detailed notes on tickets
- Highly organized: you will be responsible for keeping the Service Desk tickets ordered correctly
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts with some overtime possible
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer technical issues
- A master-level multitasker
- Self-motivated with the ability to quickly master our industry-leading platform’s software
- Proximity to our Irvine, CA offices a plus
CloudCover has built the only intelligent support platform that allows IT Channel Partners to integrate, evaluate, and capitalize on their maintenance data. The platform normalizes disparate client datasets into dashboard views, simplifying contract and renewal management. It is backed by an evolving artificial intelligence, powered by machine learning, and supported by an in-house data science team. CloudCover was built for data.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated individuals who share the same passion to build flexible, creative, and nimble IT solutions. We've added over half a dozen people in the last 6 months with the same goal: invest in growing our team to continue to support our Channel Partner Clients, to grow their businesses.
Please respond with your resume or LinkedIn profile.